Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I have a husband...surprise!

What's gotten into me?  I want to write something?  I can't tell you how long it's been since I've actually wanted to write something.  I better take advantage of it while it's happening and keep it short and simple.

My husband the other day casually said, "Hey, have I ever made it into your blog officially?"  I pretended like it was no big deal and just brushed it off with a bit of eyelash fluttering and apologies and went on my merry way.  But you know what?  It IS sad that I haven't blogged about Dave.

I know myself and I know that if I get too ambitious with this blog, I'll never finish it, so I'll just start with a paragraph:

On August 17, 2012, in the Newport Beach, CA, LDS Temple, I was sealed for eternity to the best man I've ever known, Dave Rackham.  Hence, I took on the new name, Erin Lee Rackham :)  That only took about 2 months to get used to, don't worry...haha.  But after having over 2 months to adjust I have been left with some reflection on how lucky I am to have married such an intelligent, sensitive, loving, selfless, genuine, charitable, funny, hard-working man.  Life just feels so right.  Even with the move to the part of Provo where everyone around us has 2-8 kids, even with Dave working full-time on top of his PhD program, even with the lack of a bed for the first 2 weeks, even with me taking 18 credits and applying to BYU's Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, even with Dave having surgery last weekend, even with my 2 bouts of the flu in 1 month (how does that even happen??), even with all the struggles and adjustments this semester, I have never felt so blessed, happy, and peaceful than I have since we've gotten married.

I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for guiding Dave and I together and allowing life to just fall into place this past year.  We both feel so lucky and can't wait for the lifetime of moments to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment