Friday, November 22, 2013

11/22/13: Gone Fishin'...



I wish I was gone fishing, that's Dave right now.  I'm actually sitting here in isolation in an office on campus attempting to write my first draft of my lit review for my thesis.  It's due tonight and I haven't started writing yet...so your regular Friday blogging program will return when said paper is finished.  Wish me luck!

Until then, please enjoy this little gem of a philosophy I'm choosing to live by right now in spite of being taught to rise above this temptation during my English undergrad years :)  What can I say?  Grad school is just a different ball game.  Sometimes mediocrity is all we can afford to achieve if we want our sanity to remain in tact!


1 comment:

  1. As your most loyal reader I just wanted to say thanks for posting this. It's relatable, honest, and made me want to be more mediocre. Sounds like the ideal post to me.

    ReplyDelete