Monday, November 12, 2012

The Result of Procrastination...




President Thomas S. Monson
Robert Duvall





















For those of you who don't know, the above men are probably two of my favorite old men in the world.  President Monson is our beloved prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Robert Duvall I'm sure most of you know, but today we watched a clip of The Road in class and even though his performance was less than 4 minutes long, it left me in tears.

This isn't a blog about their similarities in personality, but rather the uncanny physical resemblance between the two.  (Also, a little tribute to Robert Duvall because I just discovered today that he's one of my favorite old man actors)  I first came across Robert Duvall in the fantastic movie "Secondhand Lions".  He plays a totally awesome old uncle of this little kid who desperately needs a male role model in his life.  It's a hilarious movie and Robert Duvall along with Michael Cain completely steal the show.

Today during class I was pretty sure Robert Duvall was playing the character Ely in The Road which we were watching (A fabulous, tragic book you should read ASAP), and I was moved to search him on imdb to see what else he acted in.  Turns out he was Boo Radley in "To Kill a Mockingbird"!  Granted, Boo Radley doesn't have the biggest acting role in the movie, but he is such a lovable character to me.

Anyway, nothing deep to say, just fascinated by the similarities and a little advertising for Robert Duvall :)


President Monson



Robert Duvall
















No comments:

Post a Comment