Thursday, March 3, 2011

Give the man a glass of Malk!!





Sometimes I forget I'm a college student.

These are great times. I feel like I'm all grown up and really doing something with my life.




Other times, the harsh reality of my status as student at BYU is thrown back into my face.

Like this week......................


..........................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................



I've been out of my precious 2% milk for about a a week now and since my roommates are all convinced that skim is the way to go...my fridge has been completely unproductive for me in the milk department. As much as I hoped that by pouring a bowl of dry cereal and opening the fridge three times in a row, milk would magically appear in my time of need...the milk shelf remained barren for me.


So...why does this remind me that I'm a college student, you ask? Well, the lack of milk itself is one thing...that never happens when there's a mom around, but mostly, I think my response to this desperate situation qualifies me as a bona fide college student...

Vending Machines!! Instead of simply driving up the street to the grocery store to buy a new gallon 7 days ago, I have been making daily trips to the vending machines in the basement of the JFSB every day or two after class buying these cute little pints of 2% BYU Creamery milk. I average about 3 bowls of cereal per bottle :) I thought it was a clever solution.


Probably not the most effective use of my money, but it's just so darn convenient to have vending machines that replace my need for a grocery store--how can I not take advantage of that, right??

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a college student. I could definitely see Jeremy doing this his entire time at college, haha.

    ReplyDelete