Friday, June 7, 2013

To Write!

So I decided I actually am going to start the MFT blog I was talking about and I've been working on it this past week.  If you'd like to take a look, here's a link to it :)  The first few posts were pretty boring so I waited to share it until I had a couple already done.  Hopefully now that I've done some basic ones I can move on to more interesting theories.  It's not really the outlet I was looking for as far as helping me write better because I'm struggling still with what voice to use.  Hopefully I'll figure that out soon!

This week we've started some new things.  Isn't that what summer's all about?  I have so much free time, so I'm trying to come up with new projects to keep myself busy with until school starts.  Turns out I have a hard time being intrinsically motivated when I have all day to do whatever I want.

Anyway, I got a bike (a cheap, bright purple one from Wal-mart, but it works) and so I've been exercising a lot more frequently now.  (It's pretty easy to exercise a lot more frequently when your starting point is never.)  But I actually have been pretty solid about riding for at least 30 minutes 3-4 days a week.  And it's been really great.  With the weather warming up and the sun shining it's been beautiful.  Dave is getting a bike as well, but he wanted a nicer one, so we ordered it online.  When it comes we'll be able to go together which will be fun...we'll see how long it lasts.

We also started a Udacity course for computer science.  Jeremy and Dave both code (Dave's just learning) and a lot of my friends do too, randomly, so I figured I should try my hand at it.  It's really interesting and it seems just like math puzzles so I'm liking it so far.  Dave already knows most of it, but he doesn't know the specific language so he's taking the course at the same time.  The best part is it's free!

Anyway, so that, coupled with more research, exploring potential thesis ideas, and trying really hard to stop my binge watching of Arrested Development has been our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment